At the next OPS Office Hours:
Join us on Zoom. Aug. 11, 2020, 04:00 p.m. Pacific Time (7:00 ET). Register at
4:30 p.m.: Willie Fleming, founder of the International Minority Coalition of North Carolina.
Topic: Winning Universal Healthcare Through The 5% Solution.
Willie Fleming, founder of the International Minority Coalition of North Carolina
Willie Fleming was awarded the Order of the Long Leaf Pine Award by the Governor of North Carolina. He is also the Founder of the International Minority Coalition. Some of his political achievements are below.
- Chair precinct 95
- President Afro-American caucus of Mecklenburg County Democratic Party
- Elected 2011 State President African-American caucus (2 terms)
- State Executive Committee member (2 terms)
- Worked with Mecklenburg county Hispanic caucus and auxiliaries
- Currently working with AAPI and Hispanic leaders, representatives from Ghana, Jamaica and American
Willie was appointed as the Chair of Minority Relations for the 12th Congressional District in the 2019 Democratic Convention.
5:30 p.m. PT/8:30 p.m. ET: Brianna Mahnke, SNaHP member and medical student at Indiana University School of Medicine
Topic: Single Payer 101 talk on “US Health Insurance and Single-Payer: The Basics”
Hope to see you soon!
Chair, OPS Education and Advocacy Work Group