OPS Office Hours Registration and confirmation
Please register for the OPS Office Hours as soon as possible, so you don’t forget until the last minute.
When you register, please let us know which sessions you plan to attend, to help us plan the number of volunteers we need for small group discussions.
If you plan to attend Emergency!, please let us know which bill interests you more, HR 6906 (uses Medicare to pay deductibles and copays for everyone, including those with private insurance) or HR 5010 (helps states create their own systems) so Mike can assign you to an appropriate breakout room.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- People can only see the chat bar for the main room (the lobby) when they are in the main room. They can’t see what was in the char bar before they came on or while they were in a break room. So if you want a copy of the full chat bar at the end, you can ask the host (usually Mike) for it.
- While you are in a breakout room, you can only see the chat between the members of that breakout room. And the moderator and host can’t see the breakout room chats. So if you have technical troubles in the breakout room, you need to text the host or moderator, or you need to leave the room to go back to the lobby to get help. You will be muted automatically, so you need to unmute to be heard. If people are busy in conversation when you get there, you can type in the chat bar there.
- When the moderator sets you up to go to a breakout room, sometimes you will go automatically. Sometimes you will need to look for the “breakout” icon, click on it, and when you get a pop-up asking whether you want to “enter now” or “later”, please select to “enter now”.
- If your breakout group is hearing voices that are not from your participants, someone may have clicked “later” and still be talking in the main room. If so, you may need to send someone back to the main room to ask them to come into the room and then exit properly, or have the host move them into a different room.
- You can leave a breakout room any time you like. When you click on the icon to leave, it will ask whether you want to leave the room or leave the meeting. Leaving the room will send you back to the main room. Leaving the meeting ends your time in Office Hours. You can sign back in later, if you like, using the link in your email from Zoom again.
- The moderator and host are not able to record events in the breakout rooms. If you want to record, you can click the icon and it will tell you that you need permission from the host. The host won’t see anything you type in the chat! You may have to leave the breakout room to get the host’s attention to get permission.
- Events in the main room will typically be recorded. So sometimes a topic that might have been in a breakout room is scheduled for the main room instead, to be sure we can record it. And sometimes all the volunteers will want to see that event. We’ll try to remember to check the chat bar for people who would like to go to a breakout room for another topic, if a volunteer is available. But if you aren’t seeing a response, you could share your email and/or phone number (chat to host or moderator only, not to everyone; or send to WAITTVT@gmail.com) and what topic you were looking for and we’ll have someone contact you afterward.
See You Soon,