Join One Payer States COVID-19 Call to Action!
This letter is directed to your two state Senators and your Congressional representative and demands them to address the current healthcare crisis, which has been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. The letter describes the pre-existing gaps/failures in the existing healthcare system and how they’ve been exacerbated by COVID-19, including:
- The fallacy of healthcare coverage tied to employment
- Unaffordable premiums, deductibles, and co-pays
- The industry pattern of claim payment denial and authorizations for needed care denial
- A fragmented system that artificially inflates costs and reduces quality
The letter then asks your legislators to:
- Convene and vote within their chamber for a special legislative session to address this pandemic and our exacerbated healthcare crisis in order to prevent further lasting residual harm to the American people and small businesses from this crisis.
- Immediately enact for the duration of this public health emergency HR 6906 and S.3790, The Healthcare Emergency Guarantee Act that would immediately guarantee full coverage for those who are underinsured or have no insurance and requesting it to remain in place until all US residents are covered with an Expanded and Improved Medicare for All health plan.
- Demand that they then pass S.1129 and HR1384, The Medicare for All Act of 2019 and begin the process of implementing Expanded and Improved Medicare for All so that all of our people will have access to the care they need to withstand this pandemic.
Fill out the form below to send a letter: