July, 2020 Corvallis, Oregon
Proven experience analyzing significant problems and managing innovative change.
A demonstrator of hopeful cooperation through forming and facilitating Unlike Minds groups to get people of opposing ideologies to speak civilly and constructively.
Management and Technical Consultant: 2002 to present
- Provide consulting for a variety of companies including evaluation of business strategies, startup management, and problem solutions.
- In conjunction with Oregon State University, and Oregon Department of Transportation, proposed and assisted in development of unique bridge reinforcement techniques now in use to extend the life of older concrete bridges.
Plant Manager: International Hearth Melting, Richland Washington (Division of Oremet Titanium and Allegheny Technologies) 2000 to 2002
- Took over poorly performing division with 90 employees and lead team to impressive turn around:
- 80% reduction in rejects and out of specification product.
- 58% productivity increase
- Facility became profitable for the first time, avoiding closure.
- Responsible for all functions including employee benefit programs.
Oremet Titanium, Albany, Oregon. 1981-2000
- Increasingly responsible positions of industrial engineer, department manager, and Director of Primary Operations for 450-person production facility.
- Helped negotiate contracts with employees represented by US Steelworkers of America.
- Elected by employees to lead governance of employee buyout of majority ownership.
Previous Education and Experience
- Manager/co-owner of wood products company, Tillamook OR 1973-1978
- Oregon State University – Industrial Engineering 1978 to 1982
- US Army – Medic and other assignments 1970-1973
Born in Tillamook and grew up on a dairy farm. Graduated from Tillamook High School